We are making lots of changes these days.
First, our old computer was on the fritz so I was delayed in blogging lately. I'm finally getting all my logins and passwords back in order so we should be back in action here.
Second, Tim's jobs are still in transition. He was going to start March 1, then April 1, and is still working under the old system at A&P until he gets the word. Also, his Saturdays at Fed Ex have been routinely running 12 hours and he finally was just given permission to train in some help. He started training another guy yesterday and hopefully should be able to reduce his Saturday work load. We are very grateful that he still has jobs.
Third, I got a part-time job coordinating home stays for French exchange students this summer. After a rocky start recruiting, things are well underway. My mom is going to be my assistant which is great, especially since she's more organized and more knowledgeable than I am. We're planning lots of fun outings and I'm really enjoying my time with prospective host families. Interesting bunch.
Fourth, Youth Farm starts again this week. Anjali loves this group and this is her top priority for the summer. She's anticipating starting garden clean-up and cooking classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. What a fabulous group and since I really can't afford to volunteer again this year, I'm trying for a paid position. I've applied for a 10/hr/week position for the summer working as the food buyer for them and hope to get a call to interview.
Fifth, homeschool is shifting a bit. My mom has kindly agreed to teach Anjali writing as she will be retiring from public school teaching this June. Mark is doing math with Tim, Starfall phonics on the computer, and lots of stories with me. We're guessing he might start learning to read this summer or fall. I'm hoping to finish the homeschool year by the end of May.
We'll keep you posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment