Monday, August 30, 2010

Politeness- almost

Lately, I've noticed that my kids have gotten politeness, sort of.

The other day, I was busy and Mark asked me to stop and do something for him. I told him he could wait for me to finish or do it himself. He replied by singing a song from a kids' show, "You help me and I'll help you." I explained that I didn't need his help at the moment and that he could do it himself. He shouted, "Ex-Cuse ME!?! Tha's not the point! The song says 'You help me and I'll help you. Tha's the point. Tha's the song, mom." I smiled, finished my project, and helped, per the song.

A couple days ago, I asked Anjali to finish a chore and she replied, "No thanks, Mom," and kept walking. I insisted that even polite disobeying was not working for me.

2 comments:

  1. This is hilarious. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our kids must be related . . . oh wait! They ARE related :-)

    ReplyDelete