We been attending Square Dance ABC nights over the course of several months, most recently in July. These are beginning level square dance nights held all over the metro to interest new people in dancing. Experienced dancers, called angels, come in great numbers specifically to dance with newbies like us.The people have been so kind and friendly. They remembered us from this spring and went out of their way to make the kids welcome. They even took these photos of us and sent them to us by email.
Anjali has been well received, dancing away with everyone and garnering praise for being a good listener.
Mark made a special friend, Gramma Dee, one of the organizers of the dances. She even danced a dance with Mark on her hip.
Mark also walked around with our camera taking photos of us. Here's one of Tim. I've got to say, they've won us over. Tim, Anjali, and I are planning to take a 6-month class in Richfield starting this fall so we can attend regular dances. All of us have a good time and we all leave feeling happy which is quite an accomplishment for preschooler, elementary, and adult.
You're invited to the fun! We're going to be at the Square Dance ABC in Bloomington on August 17, 24, and 31 from 7-8:30 p.m. at Bloomington Lutheran Church, 9350 Portland Ave S.
Come and join us. It's super fun!
I regret that I have previously scheduled plans on the 17th. However, I'm looking forward to the others.
ReplyDelete