
On Tuesday, June 22, several families from our block and Kate, Mark's babysitter, walked together to Youth Farm. We were celebrating our kids and being together. I am especially celebrating Anjali and her good heart as none of the families would have known each other and none of these kids would be in Youth Farm except for Anjali and her friendliness.
Safiya, the Somali Mom above, had given me this dress and Sheila shortened it for me so I could parade with it. Thanks, ladies!

Below are Anjali, Ayan, Emily, Kate, and Mark. Special thanks to Kate for babysitting Mark so I can volunteer in the kitchen.

One of my favorite moments was when all the kids and staff arrived at the park and everyone stood around greeting each other, hugging, and catching up with each other for 15 minutes. This was a beautiful community moment.

The kids come in teams to help cook a yummy, healthy lunch for 60.

You are all invited to the Harvest Festival on Wednesday, August 11 from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
No comments:
Post a Comment